RE: Oracle 9i, tomcat

From: Ji, Richard <Richard.Ji_at_MobileSpring.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:04:40 -0800

Joshy,

In some versions of 8i there were bug related to OCI driver where closing Statements and ResultSet aren't enough, you have to close Connection which is obviously not good for connection pooling. Not sure if 9i could have this problem too.

Also, check on how you close the Statements and ResultSets. Are they closed in the Finally clause so no matter what happens they get closed. And I have found out people claim to close them but close it the wrong way. i.e. after ResultSet rs gets reassigned they tried to close it.

Richard Ji

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: ineyman_at_perceptron.com

Author: JOSHY MON M C