RE: ORA-1658 even though there is enough contig free

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:55:57 -0800

That query give u perfect size in shape of FAT_MB and that's the maximun size of intitial extent... I never relied on DBA_FREE_SPACE Have you coalesed yr tablespace before and after running this query? Besides using parallel 2 , it requires 2 extents of 140M instead of one extent of 140M so u may reduce yr initial extent size to start with 20M for initial and next...

If u have any specific question, please let me know

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:26:08 -0800

Hmmm...I'm confused. Your query returns the second biggest chunk from DBA_FREE_SPACE on that TS. So, what happened to the 147MB chunk I had? And why is my query against DBA_FREE_SPACE invalid for testing the max size of an initial extent?

BTW, this TS only has one datafile.

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
   INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: Mohammad Rafiq
  INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com