Cluster problem

From: Mr Frank Pettinato <xfire_girl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:13:57 -0800

All,
I am having a problem with a cluster. My environment is Oracle 8.1.7 on Win2k on a COMPAQ server. This is a production DB that has been running for a year or so and I have now taken it over.

My problem is that there is a table that has 1 column in a cluster. The cluster does not contain any other columns / tables.

In the DB when I issue the query:
select * from table where seqno = 341124; I get no rows selected. I know that the data is there because when I run:
select * from table
where seqno = 341124 and defect_no =1;
I get:
SEQNO DEFECT_NO X Y TESTMODE_INDEX DEFECT_INDEX IO ----------- ---------- ---------- ---------- -------------- ------------ -----
NUM_BITS START_ROW START_COL END_ROW END_COL ADJACENT_DEF
TEST_COUNTER

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
------------
------------

341124 1 14 11 -1 20 R0
25 0 0 0 960 27
9999
I have traced both queries and the first query uses the cluster index, while the second uses the PK on the table that is in the cluster.

I have validated the cluster using analyze succesfully. I am not sure what else to try and Oracle just wants me to rebuild te cluster.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Frank

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Autos - Get free new car price quotes http://autos.yahoo.com

Author: Mr Frank Pettinato
  INET: xfire_girl_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 30 2002 - 20:13:57 CDT