RE: Foxbase to Oracle - Thanks

From: <dmeng_at_focal.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:45:53 -0800

Looks like most of the replies point to VFP. I will present this to my manager. Thanks to all who replied!

Dennis Meng
Database Administrator
Focal Communications Corp.

                      "Karniotis, Stephen"
                      <Stephen_Karniotis_at_com         To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      puware.com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                       Subject: RE: Foxbase to Oracle
                      root_at_fatcity.com

                      07/30/02 12:44 PM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

Dennis:

   Foxbase was originally called 10-base before Fox Systems change the name.
Foxbase was changed to FoxPro and then purchased by Microsoft and called Microsoft FoxPro, and then Microsoft Visual FoxPro. I would highly recommend investigating the MSFT solution. Sorry guys, but this is a realistic solution. Oracle, for eight users, will probably cost too much for the implementation.

   If you need to convert to Oracle, do the following: 1. Convert to FoxPro
2. Bridge Visual FoxPro to SQLServer and use the Data Transformation Services (DTS) to migrate the data to Oracle.

Thank You

Stephen P. Karniotis
Product Architect
Compuware Corporation

Direct:            (248) 865-4350
Mobile:            (248) 408-2918
Author: Karniotis, Stephen
  INET: Stephen_Karniotis_at_compuware.com

  INET: dmeng_at_focal.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 30 2002 - 14:45:53 CDT