RE: Cloning Problems

From: Hand, Michael T <HANDM_at_polaroid.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:38:28 -0800

Ethan,

Consider performing the clone in 2 distinct phases (my SOP). 1) Copying the source database to the target machine w/ recovery if necessary, and 2) Renaming/recreating the controlfile.

The recovery can be against a hot backup copy or cold w/ a controlfile backup, and assures one of having a viable database for renaming. This method also gives you the option to apply post-copy archived redos from the source database if last minute changes are required on the clone.

Please let me know if I've missed your point, as my short-term memory is not what it should be.
What was I saying? ;>

Mike

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net