Re: open cursors problem

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_qwest.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:55:33 -0800

The issue of open cursors and connection pooling (using the weblogic properties parms you mention) are completely different. Many cursors can be opened within a single connection from the pool.

Too many open cursors is a case of a poorly written app, at least in my experience with weblogic/java apps. So I'd agree that it's a developer coding issue and not a connection pooling issue. And also agree with Rachel that setting open_cursors=1000 is reasonable, then it's a developer education issue.

Author: Suzy Vordos
  INET: lvordos_at_qwest.com