RE: naming conventions for Oracle/Unix vs. SQL Server

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:10:12 -0800

The only way to insert a column name in mixed case with Oracle is to enclose the create statements column names in "double-quotes".. This also means that when selecting from the created table, you have to enclose the mixed case column name in double quotes as well.. Ad-hoc type queries could go wrong all the time if people forget to do this..

There may be better reasons not to - but this is the one that jumps to mind for me..

HTH Mark

 Mark Leith             | T: +44 (0)1905 330 281
 Sales & Marketing      | F: +44 (0)870 127 5283
 Cool Tools UK Ltd      | E: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk
           http://www.cool-tools.co.uk
       Maximising throughput & performance

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jul 29 2002 - 11:10:12 CDT