RE: Cursor Sharing .... Continued

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:18:30 -0800

I believe that you need OPTIMIZER_MODE=CHOOSE as well. From the bug:

SQL> alter session set cursor_sharing=force; .
Session altered.
.
SQL> create table tb1 (f1 number(4));
.
Table created.
.
SQL> insert into tb1 values (1999);
.
1 row created.
.
SQL> insert into tb1 values (2000);
.
1 row created.
.
SQL> insert into tb1 values (2001);
.
1 row created.
.
SQL> insert into tb1 values (2002);
.
1 row created.
.
SQL> commit;
.
Commit complete.
.
SQL> select * from tb1;
.

        F1

      1999
      2000
      2001
      2002

.
SQL> analyze table tb1 compute statistics; .
Table analyzed.
.
SQL> select f1 from tb1 where f1 between 2000 and 2000; .

        F1

      2000
.
SQL> select f1 from tb1 where f1 between 2000 and 2001; .

        F1

      2000
.
SQL> select f1 from tb1 where f1 between 2001 and 2000; .

        F1

      2001

HTH!

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com