Creating a **DEFAULT** database

From: Mranalini Shetty <mranalini.shetty_at_patni.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 03:03:22 -0800

Hi,

Our new database is behaving a little strange. Both our Oracle Server and Client are on the same machine but while connecting through the Client I need to specify "username_at_database_name". The same does not happen when I run sqlplus, "sqlplus scott/tiger" works.

The variable ORACLE_SID is appropriately set, it's pointing to the new database name. The new database is mounted and the listener services are up.

Someone kind of hinted that the database is created as a remote
database. Can I check what it currently is ... I mean a default one /
remote.

We didn't face this problem with the old database. On comparing the init<SID>.ora files we found that the new database did not have the db_domain name set. We tried setting this in the init file (was done after the database was created).

Would help if I got some hint on where and what to look for.

Thanks and Regards,
M Shetty

Author: Mranalini Shetty
  INET: mranalini.shetty_at_patni.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Jul 27 2002 - 06:03:22 CDT