Re: RE: B&R solutions

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:10:28 -0800

I use to clone our reporting databases. For a datbase about 50gig in size it takes about 2 hours on a 2 processpr AIX machine. It doens't take an extra databases to create a clone, only the clone itself. With O8i you can use the duplicate command to create a clone from an rman backup. It is very simple!

Ruth
Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us