RE: Guys: Is this worth $1,749 for 8 year Oracle veteran DBA

From: McBain, Neil SITI-ITDSEL314 <Neil.N.McBain_at_is.shell.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:03:24 -0800

I have just completed my Oracle 8i OCP DBA using only ten years of experience and the Sybex books (thoroughly recommended, except Backup & Recovery does not cover enough RMAN syntax). I believe if you sit the 9i OCP exams then you do have to attend one Oracle course (except if you had sat an Oracle 9i exam prior to a certain date this year), however you can sit the 8i exams and then the 9i upgrade exam without requiring the course (or I hope this is true, since I am studying for the upgrade exam now). Also heard an Oracle trainer say that the 9i exams are easier then the 8i exams but do not now if this is true or not.

Hope this is of help,
Neil.

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS

  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM