RE: RE: B&R solutions

From: Gene Sais <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:43:24 -0800

I'll stick to my trusty unix scripts for hot & cold backups. When I roll out RDBMS 9iR2 patched, then I will consider migrating to RMAN. From what I understand, 9iR2 RMAN is much improved over the 8.0 RMAN. I also agree, I want to make sure RMAN is sticking around. And of course it WORKS! :)

Gene

>>> RGesler_at_lexington.com 07/25/02 04:13PM >>> amen! and remember...what was it called...EBU? I wanted to make sure RMAN was here to stay before moving to it. Well it looks like it's here to stay, I just don't want to change a good backup strategy that I am comfortable with.
- Rich

Author: "Mercadante; Thomas F" <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date:       7/25/2002 10:13 AM

I agree with Ruth (using Rman since 805). Robust, stable and easy to use. And Free!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: O'Neill, Sean
  INET: Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Ruth Gramolini INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Mercadante, Thomas F INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Gene Sais INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists