Re[2]: Oracle DB Crash

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:53:44 -0800

Stephen,

    Not a single one. Either no one out there is using 8.1.7.4 or else they haven't seen this error. The later would square with what OTS told me, supposedly this is the second time it's happen in the entire install base. If that's true, it must be one of those REALLY obscure bugs.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Stephen Andert" <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date:       7/25/2002 10:25 AM

Did you get any replies? I was just told today (by a supervisor) that we should be considering going to 8.1.7.4 (we're on 8.1.7.3) to avoid this problem. Her research was from someone in our development group, so I took it with a grain of salt.

BTW, we are on both HP-UX 11 and Tru64, both 64-bit.

Thanks
Stephen Andert

>>> dgoulet_at_vicr.com 07/24/02 11:17AM >>>
To ALL,

    I'm going to ask if anyone on the list has seen the following, and if so,
what did you do about it if anything.

    First environment:

    Oracle 8.1.7.4.0 on HP-UX 11.0 both in 64 bit.     OCI interface programs to the database.       Various interfaces done by database links into other Oracle databases.

Problem: Right out of the clear blue the database crashes with an ORA-00600[1158] and a trace file. Opened an iTAR with Oracle sending them the
alert log and trace file. Their response is that it's a lock issue with an
enqueue resource caused by reco while trying to recover/rollback a remote
database update. According to Oracle this has only happen twice now in the
entire 8.1.7 install base.

This has become a rather important item in my daily life, as I've a manager in
another department who is becoming a pain in the side wanting me to do something.

Thanks in advance.

Dick Goulet

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com