Case Closed: Unix Q: ksh scripting

From: Ross Collado <Ross.Collado_at_techpac.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:38:42 -0800

Hello all,

Great replies! After reading all your replies I realized where I went wrong. I'm putting my "| tail -1" in the wrong end of the "EOF" marker. Should have been on the first one not the last. This works fine for what I intend to do:
# !/bin/ksh
# set -x
sqlplus / <<EOF | tail -1
select sysdate from dual;
exit
EOF My intention is not really just to get the date. It's really to get the last line of the output. This script is just a simplified version of a more complex shell script I'm working on.
Thanks a lot to all who responded and those who attempted to.

Cheers,
Ross

Author: Ross Collado
  INET: Ross.Collado_at_techpac.com