Re: MUST read Oracle Architecture - Abrief Intro

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:08:25 -0800

I think that you will understand it better if you consider 2 scenario's:

  1. RMAN backup from time 13:00 is newer then the backup taken at 13:45.
  2. You get Enron accounting when the feds discover that invoice number 123 was issued after invoice 124.

There are a lot of things, application and / or system, that can go wrong in this situation.
To be on the safe side shut the database down for 1.25 hours.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il