RE: Unix Q: ksh scripting

From: Thomas, Kevin <Kevin.Thomas_at_calanais.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 06:53:33 -0800

I'd just do:

 $ date

;o)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 24 July 2002 14:49
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

With the addition of the extra quote...this worked fine for me. Kevin, try running it using the korn shell ( ksh instead of sh - bourne shell).

If you're just trying to grab the date, though, I'd do it like this:

#!/bin/ksh
THE_DATE=`sqlplus -s / <<EOF
set heading off
set pagesize 0
select sysdate from dual;
exit
EOF` echo $THE_DATE

If you really want the last line, maybe sysdate was just for kicks, you could spool
a file before the select, spool off after it, then do a tail -1 on the spool file
followed by cleaning it up OR leave it around (i.e. remove the file at the start,
rather than at the end) until the next run just in case you have problems you can always go back to see what was there the last time it was run.

HTH -----Original Message-----
Author: Ross Collado
  INET: Ross.Collado_at_techpac.com

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com <http://www.orafaq.com>

  INET: chris.w.johnson_at_bt.com

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com <http://www.orafaq.com>

Author: Thomas, Kevin
  INET: Kevin.Thomas_at_calanais.com

Author: Thomas, Kevin
  INET: Kevin.Thomas_at_calanais.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 24 2002 - 09:53:33 CDT