RE: How can I check the time when any table is updated under a sc

From: Lyuda Hoska <lhoska_at_ILAP.ARMY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:34:00 -0800

It is common situation. He/she is probably a GUI developer. Most front end developers are not too familiar with dba tables. Mandal, you can do run this query next time you have a similar queston:   1 select column_name, comments
  2 from dba_col_comments
  3 where table_name='DBA_OBJECTS'
  4* AND COLUMN_NAME IN ('TIMESTAMP','LAST_DDL_TIME','CREATED') SQL> / COLUMN_NAME COMMENTS

---
CREATED         Timestamp for the creation of the object
LAST_DDL_TIME   Timestamp for the last DDL change (including GRANT and
REVOKE) to the object
TIMESTAMP       Timestamp for the specification of the object

Look for more help on TIMESTAMP column, if it is not what you are looking
for and there are only a few tables you need information about, may be
creating trigger would help.

SQL> -----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 1:59 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I am surprised that the developer doesn't know the code s/he
wrote/maintains.

<g>
Raj
Rajendra Jamadagni		MIS, ESPN Inc.
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.

QOTD: Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art!

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Lyuda Hoska INET: lhoska_at_ilap.army.mil Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).