Re:RE: Rant

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:13:42 -0800

Jerry,

    Don't laugh! I did an interview a couple, or has it been longer, of years ago at a financial institution in my neighborhood (northern Mass). Anyway, the interviewer who was the head of the DBA group suggested I show him how I would troubleshoot a problem that they were having. OK, so I give them a couple of pointers that make things better, no problem I pass those out here all the time.  Anyway, he had me sit down at a terminal & was going to call one of his staff to create me an account. Well no one was available so I tried system/manager on their PROD database. Was I ever surprised when it worked, so was the interviewer especially when sys/change_on_install worked too! Can you say "AW S&^%"!! To say the least, I do not work for them even though they laid a very nice offer on the table.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Cunningham; Gerald" <Gerald.Cunningham_at_usi.net>
Date:       7/23/2002 8:48 AM

Has anybody ever come across a virus that affects Oracle db's via sqlnet?

Just curious how such a thing would work (have some ideas). There have to be thousands of vulnerable db's out there (sys/change_on_install, system/manager, etc.)

(I've been reading Tom Clancy lately... Getting even more paranoid!)

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged, and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, reliance, or distribution by others or forwarding without permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies

Author: Cunningham, Gerald
  INET: Gerald.Cunningham_at_usi.net

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 12:13:42 CDT