RE: Connection problem if parameter HOME is set

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:13:18 -0800

Waleed,

Sorry if I misunderstood your comment.

Normally we don't change this value. However, when this problem surfaced, it was the oracle user that was having this problem and the other dba users worked fine and this was the only difference as it gets set to /usr/users/username by default. For the oracle account changing this value to anything else made the problem go away. For others, setting this value to /usr/users/oracle made it appear. Since all dba's are in the unix dba group, the other dba's have access to oracle's home directory.

Stephen

>>> Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM 07/21/02 08:43AM >>>  No the question is: why are you setting or changing the variable?

 Just curious!

 Waleed

Author: Stephen Andert
  INET: StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com