RE: DB copying : Attack of the Clones!

From: Gesler, Rich <RGesler_at_lexington.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:34:44 -0800

What is an acceptable time frame. I figure 100G to be around 3 hrs. Is that not an acceptable service level? Also, what will the frequecy of the refreshes be? 14 databases all at once would be overwhelming but could a staggered refresh schedule be agreed upon? (monthly?) I have found that there is a fine line between "keeping data fresh" and "overlaying development projects" requires good communication and published service levels. Part of the negotiation should be that ability to do a clone during working hours if possible. At one point we (staff DBA's) got stuck doing off-hour refreshes to keep a pool of developers (hourly contract) from sitting on there hands.
Rich

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com

Author: Gesler, Rich