Re:end of correction support question

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:53:31 -0800

Right.

Author: "Boivin; Patrice J" <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date:       7/19/2002 8:15 AM

Theoretical question - I will log a TAR as well:

Does end of error correction support mean that if a vulnerability is found in 9i, and it applies to previous versions, they will no longer retrofit the security patch to 8i?

I notice

EAS does not include
Error Correction Support (ECS) - No new bug fixes Backporting of fixes

EMS does not include
Error Correction Support (ECS)
Backporting of fixes

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Eric D. Pierce
  INET: eric_d_pierce_at_pacbell.net

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca