Re: UNDO

From: Danisment Gazi Unal (ubTools) <dunal_at_ubTools.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:07:58 -0800

Hello Fink,

I guess you meant "recursive transaction". Because, user SQLs in stored codes run as "recursive SQLs", but they are not "recursive transactions".

Recursive transactions don't have to be use SYSTEM rollback segment. If the RBS of parent statement can not be binded to its recursive transaction, Oracle assigns SYSTEM rbs to recursive transaction. Otherwise, recursive transaction use same RBS with its parent. In other words, SYSTEM rbs is the last resort.

regards...

"Fink, Dan" wrote:

> John,
> The system rollback segment must be kept online for use by the
> kernel calls (recursive sql). I admit that I have never tried taking it
> offline in automatic undo mode, so I'm not sure exactly what would happen.
> However, my educated guess is that it would not be pretty!
>
> Dan Fink

Danisment Gazi Unal
http://www.ubTools.com

Author: Danisment Gazi Unal (ubTools)