SQL*Net encryption/integrity connection problems ORA-12660

From: Martin, Alan <Alan.Martin_at_dlis.dla.mil>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:25:17 -0800

We have turned on encryption and integrity on HP 11.0 64-bit (server params=REQUIRED).
All DBs that use encryption use a 2nd listener on port 1526. Oracle 7/8/8i clients have NO problem establishing a listener connection AND a DB connection.
However...
Various client sites (site-wide) periodically get an ORA-12660, "Encryption or crypto-checksumming parameters incompatible". Nothing has changed in any *.ora files. I see the listener_xxx.log shows an "establish" for the connect attempt, but sys.aud$ does NOT show a DB connection. Sometimes bouncing the DB and/or listener "corrects" the problem, and all users at a site can once again connect to the DB (until it happens again - not periodic).

Current situation:

Site-A connects to box HPdev and box HPprod (any DB using port 1526).
Site-B connects to box HPprod, but not box HPdev.
Site-C connects to box HPdev (1 of 3 DBs only), but not box HPprod.

I could bounce everything tonight, and if lucky, EVERYTHING works after that.

In the log file I see:
"17-JUL-2002 00:48:49 * service_update * dbxxx * 0" What does "service_update" mean?

I occasionally see:
TNS-12502: TNS:listener received no CONNECT_DATA from client.

Does anyone know if the 8.1.7.2.1 listener is buggy? Should I patch it?
Install a 9i listener? (Backwards compatible to 7.3.3?) Could this be a loaded network timing issue? Any shared experiences would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Alan Martin
Defense Logistics Information Service
Battle Creek, MI

Author: Martin, Alan
  INET: Alan.Martin_at_dlis.dla.mil

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 15:25:17 CDT