RE: Weird Windoze 'AT' Behavior

From: Hayes, Scott <Scott.Hayes_at_ca.thalesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:53:43 -0800

One problem that I have had with the 'AT' command is the you cannot use UNC namimg when doing a copy, you have to use a mapped drive. This is a documented 'feature' of the 'AT' command.

Example:
copy stuff to \\server\backup_dir --> does not work net use f: \\server\backup_dir
copy stuff to f: --> Works

Good luck,

Scott

I have Oracle 8.1.7 running on NT. I do cold backups nightly and have a batch file that is called by the NT 'AT' scheduler. I recently changed some lines of commands in the batch file and since then when the batch file is executed by 'AT' only the lines that I did not edit are executed. If I execute the batch file from the command prompt it works fine. I deleted the job from 'AT' and then entered it back in but still getting this odd behavior of only executing the commands that I did not edit. Our SA's know nothing about 'AT' so they are of no help. Has anyone else seen this odd behavior in the 'AT' function in Windoze? I know you find it hard to believe that something can be weird in Windoze. ;o)
And yes, I am soon planning on learning RMAN and do hot backups. I have the 8i Backup and Recovery Handbook for my reading pleasure. I see the app that is being used going to a 24X7 schedule. Now it is only used during the day.

Thanks,

Dave

Author: Farnsworth, Dave
  INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com

Live Life in Broadband
www.telewest.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

==

Author: Adrian Roe
  INET: Adrian.Roe_at_telewest.co.uk

Author: Hayes, Scott
  INET: Scott.Hayes_at_ca.thalesgroup.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 10:53:43 CDT