RE: DOS Script for pop up question ?

From: Sherman, Edward <shermanej_at_eccic.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 07:38:28 -0800

I'm not a windows guy but I think you should quit writing DOS batch files and use VBScript instead.

I think if you look in any windows magazine you will see VBScript listings instead of batch file listings.

VBScript is powerful like Perl and handles pop up windows well.

VBScript doesn't seem to email very well, however, because an earlier post I sent contained a simple VBScript demo in the body of the email and it got bounced from ORACLE-L because it "contained a virus signature".

So here's a link to some simple code you can try: http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/wsh/quickref/wshshell_Popup.html

Save the code to a file with a .vbs extension and click the resulting icon.

You can get a book or search the web for code snippets like I do.

Have fun!
Ed

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: ineyman_at_perceptron.com