Re: Buffer busy waits are 10.96% of non-idle waits

From: Kavitha Muthukumaren <Kavitha.Muthukumaren_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 06:13:23 -0800

Hi,

 Your major problems with buffer busy waits are in the

Data blocks class: (1), undo block(2), segment header (3)

For Data block Class:

Solution:

  1. Reduce no of rows by changing pctfree/pctused
  2. check when the last time your indexes were re-built and rebuild them often (indexes causing inserts into the same block will be reduced)

For undo block class :
Solution:

  1. Increase the size of the rollbacksegment

For segment header :
Solution:

  1. Add more freelists and or freelist group
  2. Check your extent sizes (may be it is too small)
    • Hope this helps, Thanks, Kavi

Author: Kavitha Muthukumaren
  INET: Kavitha.Muthukumaren_at_oracle.com