RE: Replicating a user across DBs

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:48:40 -0800

Rich - I have been very busy today, so I'm probably not reading something correctly. If you have a user schema in one database, you must manually create that userid in the other database, but then you can use export to move all the objects to the other database. Import will create the objects if they don't exist. Hopefully that responds to your question, but I apologize if I haven't read it correctly.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 16:48:40 CDT