Replicating a user across DBs

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:53:02 -0800

Hey all,

In 8.1.7, is there a way to easily replicate a user from one DB (e.g. "development") to another (e.g. "production")? I can export all the objects in the schema, but export/import won't recreate the schema in the import DB.

I've been using OEM to create a script (reverse engineered from "Create like..."), but the resulting script requires editing and the assignment of a resource plan doesn't always play nice, either.

There has got to be a better way...

TIA!

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 15:53:02 CDT