RE: slightly OT, permissions unix/oracle puzzler

From: Kathy Duret <KathyD_at_belkin.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:10:28 -0800

Well, haven't hashed though all the problem yet. $ umask -S u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rx

Setting the umask to 0002 from 002 and bouncing the listener did help .

For OEM now creating files as rw rw instead of rw r

For utl_file is now creating files as rw rw r instead of rw r

Since we triple checked all the set ups and this box was definately a clone of another box that works fine, we believe it is something in the Netapp file set up that is throwing the permissions off since this is the only difference between the two boxes. We are asking Netapp to look into it. So far no help. Will follow up if we get an answer.

Thanks for all the help.

Kathy

Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Belkin Components and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Author: Kathy Duret
  INET: KathyD_at_belkin.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 10 2002 - 13:10:28 CDT