RE: dblink problem ( ORA-02019 )

From: kkennedy <kkennedy_at_firstpoint.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:53:27 -0800

I had this problem in the past at a site where we were switching from .world to named domains. I can't remember exactly where I found it but I remember that the method Oracle used to determining the dblink domain was funky. On both databases, check "select * from global_name" and compare the result to "select * from dba_db_links". It seems to me that the domain extension on the global_name was used as the default extension when creating links. Caused me no end of heartburn -- nothing I couldn't work around, but more work arounds than I was happy with.

Hope my memory is sufficient since I don't have the problem at my current site.

Kevin Kennedy
First Point Energy Corporation

Author: Ratnesh Kumar Singh
  INET: ratnesh.singh_at_patni.com

Author: kkennedy
  INET: kkennedy_at_firstpoint.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 10 2002 - 11:53:27 CDT