RE: moving Vertias quick io files in oracle

From: Donita Hilfinger <dohi_at_gwl.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:05:55 -0800

Kathy,

I am assuming that you did a cp and not a mv to get the file into /u18 from /u16.

If you do an ls -ltra in both directories (u16 & u18) is there an atest.dbf and a .atest.dbf in both directories (atest.dbf links to .atest.dbf::cdev:vxfs:)?

The error seems to imply that the original file or directory does not exist.

donita

:Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:44:59 -0800
:To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
:From: Kathy Duret <KathyD_at_belkin.com>
:Subject: RE: moving Vertias quick io files in oracle
:
:This is what I did
:
:I created a file at the unix level using quickio in /u16
:/opt/VRTSvxfs/sbin/qiomkfile -h 8k -s 100k atest.dbf
:
:Then created the tablespace atest with datafile /u16/oracle/proddata/atest.dbf
:
:To simulate moving a files I did the same thing in u18
:/opt/VRTSvxfs/sbin/qiomkfile -h 8k -s 100k atest.dbf
:
:In oracle as system I altered offline atest
:
:unix as oracle cp -rp atest.dbf to /u18/oracle/proddata
:
:ls -lrt
:
:lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 22 Jul 8 10:21 atest.dbf ->
.atest.dbf::c
:dev:vxfs:
:
:looks just fine. Then went back into oracle and as system:
:
:alter database rename file '/u16/oracle/proddata/atest.dbf' to
:'/u18/oracle/proddata/atest.dbf'
:
:And then I get this error.
:
:
:
::> *
::> ERROR at line 1:
::> ORA-01511: error in renaming log/data files
::> ORA-01516: nonexistent log file, datafile or tempfile
::> '/u16/oracle/proddata/atest.dbf'
::>
:
: