RE: moving Vertias quick io files in oracle

From: Kathy Duret <KathyD_at_belkin.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:44:59 -0800

This is what I did

I created a file at the unix level using quickio in /u16 /opt/VRTSvxfs/sbin/qiomkfile -h 8k -s 100k atest.dbf

Then created the tablespace atest with datafile /u16/oracle/proddata/atest.dbf

To simulate moving a files I did the same thing in u18 /opt/VRTSvxfs/sbin/qiomkfile -h 8k -s 100k atest.dbf

In oracle as system I altered offline atest

unix as oracle cp -rp atest.dbf to /u18/oracle/proddata

ls -lrt

lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 22 Jul 8 10:21 atest.dbf -> .atest.dbf::c dev:vxfs:

looks just fine. Then went back into oracle and as system:

alter database rename file '/u16/oracle/proddata/atest.dbf' to
'/u18/oracle/proddata/atest.dbf'

And then I get this error.

:> *
:> ERROR at line 1:
:> ORA-01511: error in renaming log/data files
:> ORA-01516: nonexistent log file, datafile or tempfile
:> '/u16/oracle/proddata/atest.dbf'
:>

Author: Kathy Duret
  INET: KathyD_at_belkin.com