RE: Oracle Applications Development Database Refresh

From: <Scott.Shafer_at_dcpds.cpms.osd.mil>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:23:27 -0800

Jared, we do that here, but just:
take a cold backup of the production db, lay it down over the old dev db (via scp or tape), and open it renaming with a backup cpontrolfile script.

Works like a charm, though I'm not sure what applmgr steps are required.

Scott Shafer
San Antonio, TX
210-581-6217

  INET: Scott.Shafer_at_dcpds.cpms.osd.mil