FW: Beginners questions for RMAN and Legato on WIN2000

From: Muqthar Ahmed <Muqthar.Ahmed_at_decoratetoday.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 07:21:59 -0800

Hi,

Follow the following configuration steps before you use the Legato Software for backup:

  1. Install Legato NetWorker Software
  2. Install BusinessSuite Module for Oracle (Integration between Oracle and Legato)
  3. Configure Legato Neworker to use Tape Devices
  4. Use RMAN to backup only controlfile to Tape device to check whether RMAN is recognizing Tape Devices or not.

you can use the following script to test your backup (Change the server host name LAWPROD before you use the script):

      rman catalog rman/rman_at_RCAT.world
      connect target
	run {
           allocate channel c1 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms 'ENV=(NSR_SERVER=lawprod)';
           allocate channel c2 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms 'ENV=(NSR_SERVER=lawprod)';
           allocate channel c3 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms 'ENV=(NSR_SERVER=lawprod)';
      backup current controlfile
           format 'cf_%d_t%t_s%s_p%p';
      backup
           incremental level 0
           tag backup_level_0
           filesperset 4
           format 'ts_%d_t%t_s%s_p%p'
     (database);
		release channel c1;
		release channel c2;
		release channel c3;
     resync catalog;
          }

All the best!

Muqthar Ahmed
DBA
http://www.decoratetoday.com

Author: Muqthar Ahmed
  INET: Muqthar.Ahmed_at_decoratetoday.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 03 2002 - 10:21:59 CDT