RE: oracle installation problem

From: Theodoros Demosthenous <theodoros_at_edams.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 00:49:05 -0800

You have successfully install the software, but it fails during database creation.

Finish your installation without creating a database, and perform the following steps:

1. Run Database wizard to create a database.
2. At the end of the Database Wizard choose the option to have the files created into an empty directory.
3. Make sure that the parameter file is located at the correct directory, or start the instance NOMOUNT with the pfile option.
4. From there onwards you can proceed with the database creation.

You can edit the .bat file that is created with the database wizard, and run the commands line by line if the above is not the solution, in order to find where the problem lies.

Regards

Theodoros Demosthenous
Manager, Product Services
Edams Technology Ltd
Tel.: +357 22 478300 (Main)
Tel.: +357 22 478408 (Direct)
Fax: +357 22 478578
Author: Alexandre Gorbatchev
  INET: alexandre.gorbatchev_at_avermann.de

Author: Theodoros Demosthenous
  INET: theodoros_at_edams.com