RE: exp73 dumpparam for unlimited extents?

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 11:58:19 -0800

No, you do not have to wait for 8i or 9i.... You are almost there to get what you want. What you need to do prior to import is build all the tables without any storage cluase in the CREATE TABLLE|INDEX syntax. It will default to the tablespace settings. And them import with IGNORE=Y option (since tables are already there). By default, Oracle will use the storage clause from the import file. You can not tell Oracle to not have it created while exporting. Pre-building the tables is the only choice.

In your quick test, you did not specify the storage clause, so it worked!

You can use the indexfile=<filename> option of the import utility, to build a script to create tables, indexes. Edit the script for storage clauses (i.e. remove them), and build the tables first.

HTH,

Author: Robert Monical
  INET: tech_at_restek.com

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Jun 30 2002 - 14:58:19 CDT