Re: ORA-20000: ORU-10027: buffer overflow, limit of 2000 bytes

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:53:18 -0800

No big mystery. When they run it in the other database, they generate less than 2000 bytes of output. When it fails, it is overflowing the buffer of 2000 bytes, as the error message indicates.

If they continue to argue, then don't argue back. Just prove it by setting the buffer size higher to allow the output to come out, and then compare spooled output. Nothing stops an argument faster than proof...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com