RE: WebLogic, Oracle JDBC related

From: Michael P Sale <Michael.Sale_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:33:21 -0800

Confirmed.

If you think about it, logically it doesn't makes sense as TAF is configured in the tnsnames configuration file. There is no such file with the thin driver. Although the thin driver can appear to be faster for simple, short queries, the thick driver has serious advantages. For example, the thick driver was used in the recent screaming benchmarks for Oracle iAS.

Regards,

Michael Sale
Author: Warren Lindsey
  INET: wlindsey_at_ponvia.com

command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Molina, Gerardo
  INET: Gerardo.Molina_at_schwab.com

command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Michael P Sale
  INET: Michael.Sale_at_oracle.com