RE: Uninstall 9i DB

From: Godlewski, Melissa <Melissa.Godlewski_at_hq.doe.gov>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 07:38:23 -0800

Ken,

Select file_name from dba_data_files and filename from dba_temp_files for database files to drop off your hard disk. This will give you a list of files to delete manually if your not using the Oracle Manage files (OMF). Remove the ora process from the startup menu also, so the instance won't start.

Check the init.ora for any directories to remove. Check the alert log file location and remove the alert.log as well as the directory.

select * From v$parameter and look for the control files and redo log files to remove off the hard disk. You will also want to remove the init.ora and spfile if you created one.

Author: Godlewski, Melissa
  INET: Melissa.Godlewski_at_hq.doe.gov

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 10:38:23 CDT