WebLogic, Oracle JDBC related

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 07:53:28 -0800

We are in the process of rolling out a Web Appl that uses BEA WebLogic and Oracle JDBC, thin driver calls to connect to database. These are dedicated connections (No MTS). The listener is overwhelmed with connection requests that at times reach 250+ per second. The 'preferred vendor' is blaming it on the limitation of the Listener, that is not capable of handling this load.

I suspect this fine piece of software is not using JDBC connection pooling. Is there any way to find out if that's indeed the case? I am not involved in this project, and may not get access to the Appl Code. A co-worker is asking me all kinds of questions about Listener problems. The Vendor is suggesting to increase the QueueSize for the listener. They have already created multiple listeners in vain.

I think the Appl code is to blame. I do not know much about Java/EJB etc.. but my hunch is that this EJB container stuff does not smell good. For all I know it could be making a db connection for every single thing and disconnecting.

Anyone dealt with similar issues?
All tips are welcome and appreciated.

All right, the preferred vendor is AMDOCS. Anyone running any of their Web Applications? If so, can you please contact me off-list?

Thanks.

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 27 2002 - 10:53:28 CDT