RE: the ora certified masters cert - finally bloody sick

From: Hately Mike <Mike.Hately_at_churchill.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 01:33:30 -0800

I've been pretty quiet while you all said that the OCP program was pretty worthless because I can see your point. I don't believe that it proves that the holder is technically better than someone has isn't certified. From my point of view, though, I'm convinced that in a tight market it's helped to get me into interviews and that justifies the cost to me. Now, however, you're straying towards calling OCP DBAs liars and cheats and implying that we're dangerous to have on site and I'm sorry but I'm not going to have that.
What merit is there in saying "doctors have malpractice insurance and OCP ... should have one too.". Where's the evidence for that kind of witless comment?
I originally took my OCP after amassing 10 years of DBA experience. I don't want to get into a pissing contest over this but it grates on me to have it constantly implied that OCP is just there to make up for lack of ability. I'm aware that many of you (Don for instance) have qualified their statements by saying that applies to "a few" or "some" but the implication is still that the majority of OCPs are trying to make up for some sort of technical deficiency.

If you don't want to spend the money or the time then that's fine by me. I certainly won't it necessary to criticise you for it.

Regards,
Mike Hately

No, really; I usually have a sense of humour.

Author: Don Granaman
  INET: granaman_at_cox.net

________________________

This email and any attached to it are confidential and intended only for the
individual or
entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please let us know
by telephoning or emailing the sender.  You should also delete the email and
any attachment
from your systems and should not copy the email or any attachment or
disclose their content
to any other person or entity.  The views expressed here are not necessarily
those of
Churchill Insurance Group plc or its affiliates or subsidiaries. Thank you.
Churchill Insurance Group plc.  Company Registration Number - 2280426.
England.
Registered Office: Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, Kent BR1
1DP.

Author: Hately Mike
  INET: Mike.Hately_at_churchill.com