RE: Oracle Performance Tuning steps

From: Johnson, Michael <Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:33:37 -0800

For a 24 X 7 system I would incorporate a hot backup strategy

which can be executed without taking the system down and

allows for a point in time recovery. There are many scripts

floating around you could "borrow" to set this up.

Your performance issue is going to require some time to

understand and solve. it cannot be answered in a paragraph.

Consider buying Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha and

Kirti Deshpande's book "Oracle Performance

Tuning 101" as it has been a big help to me.

Other things you might find helpful would be

www.hotsos.com which goes into great detail on the

10046 event trace and they also have an excellent

clinic I just went too.

Good Luck and Peace !

Mike

Author: Johnson, Michael
  INET: Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 18:33:37 CDT