Re: Deleting large table and the correct log buffer size

From: Vasu Ramasamy <vasu.ramasamy_at_sri.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:28:37 -0800

Hi Denis,

     I tried the same delete in the Sybase version. To delete the same number of rows, Sybase took 3 minutes and 10 seconds. Other than the deletes, response time in Oracle for other statements looks better, when compared to Sybase. Having said that, I am afraid that I may be comparing apples and oranges. The (cpu) power of Oracle machine is twice that of the Sybase's. Our developers are by and large very happy with Oracle performance.

    Thanks

Vasu

Author: Vasu Ramasamy
  INET: vasu.ramasamy_at_sri.com