Re: iFS

From: Alexandre Gorbatchev <alexandre.gorbatchev_at_avermann.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:48:21 -0800

Peter,

For test purpose I have installed iFS on w2k and it was up and running after I have cleared ports conflicts. Some parts of management and logging in was very confusing for NT/w2k, but they seem to be fine for *nix. Another bad point - huge memory requirements, but I heard that's much better now than they were in the first release. General impression is good, but I'm concerned about performance and ease of integration into existing in-house application. Seems java API is not flexible enough. Very good side - it comes with Oracle EE and SE at no additional cost. :) Today I'm installing it for development environment on Linux platform. iFS 9.0.1

Alexandre

  Has anyone experieince with iFS? I would much appreciate any (off-line if preferred) comments on user experiece.

  thanks,

  peter
  edinburgh

  This e-mail message, and any files transmitted with it, are   confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If   this message was not addressed to you, you have received it in error   and any copying, distribution or other use of any part of it is   strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely those   of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of the British   Geological Survey. The security of e-mail communication cannot be   guaranteed and the BGS accepts no liability for claims arising as a   result of the use of this medium to transmit messages from or to the   BGS. The BGS cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please   scan all attachments. http://www.bgs.ac.uk

Author: Alexandre Gorbatchev
  INET: alexandre.gorbatchev_at_avermann.de

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 08:48:21 CDT