RE: SEQ#, DUAL and Oracle literacy

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:03:54 -0800

> Economize synapses... paste and execute in SQL*Plus.

Sorry Steve, I can't do that.

Two great figures from the 19th/20th centuries were Nicola Tesla and Thomas Edison, with Tesla having a clear edge in the intelligence department, while Edison was from the PT Barnum School of Business.

Given an irregularly shaped object and asked to determine its volume, Edison would promptly drill a hole in it, get a container with lines measuring of the volume of liquid it contained, fill the container and thereby determine the objects volume.

While Edison would be farting around, Tesla would measure the object, write down the measurements, then proceed to calculate the volume of the object.

Tesla's methods scaled. Edison's didn't

We have Tesla to thank for our electric power, not Edison, due to his thinking ability. He also invented radio. When Marconi built on Tesla's work and tried to patent it, he found Tesla had already visited the patent office.

As Tesla is my idol, conserving synapses is something I find inherantly distasteful.

Jared

"Orr, Steve" <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
06/25/2002 08:03 AM