Re: Virtual drive on Solaris

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:23:22 -0800

I hesitated mentioning that parameter in this forum, but I figured what the heck? Could be fun, in a sick way... :-)

Once I was teaching a DBA class and mentioned "_DISABLE_LOGGING". Immediately, I saw every head in the class look down, scribbling furiously! I had to backtrack very quickly and warn of the consequences of disabling redo logging (i.e. database corruption if not shutdown normally for any reason)...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com