RE: How to remove Lock on a Table

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:38:23 -0800

Personally, I always whack 'em first with a great big stick.

May not be everyone's cup of tea I suppose, but then again, I *never* have a hung session holding a lock and requiring a database bounce.

Jared

"Ben" <poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
06/19/2002 01:28 PM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: How to remove Lock on a Table

Hi

Was any consensus reached on the issue of how best to remove the offending sessions, or the difference between the SQL disconnect session and kill session? Or was it just left that whacking it with a kill -9 was the way to go?

Ben