RE: Training courses

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:28:27 -0800

Peter - Do you have a particular objective in mind? For example, would you like to eventually complete the OCP? The normal progression (using Oracle Education classes as a basis) would be:

  1. SQL & PL/SQL
  2. DBA
  3. Advanced topics (check education.oracle.com for descriptions of the other 3 courses)

This will help lead to the OCP.
With your experience, you may feel that you can skip the SQL and DBA classes. Or not, depending on whether you feel you would like a thorough coverage to make sure you have no gaps.

There may be other areas that would be productive, depending on what future projects you have going at work. If you will be moving to Oracle9i soon, you might take a 9i New Features class. We are implementing RMAN, and I found the Backup & Recovery class to be very helpful.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Schauss, Peter
  INET: SCHAUPE_at_mail.northgrum.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 15:28:27 CDT