RE: Alternative to Crystal Reports

From: Farnsworth, Dave <DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:48:37 -0800

There is always Excel. ;o)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 2:36 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Steve,

    If you can't "convince Oracle Reports to perform in the way we would like" don't expect Crystal to be anything but worse. It might be more useful to invest time in looking at what the duhveloper did and tuning the sql statements. With Oracle you can have more than one query per report, with Crystal it's one query per report period. Other than the fact that it's database neutral Crystal is one of the worst products I've ever seen. Try SQR if you must use a different product.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Steve McClure" <smcclure_at_usscript.com>
Date:       6/20/2002 10:17 AM

Several times in the past I have seen folks on this list refer people to a reporting product to use as an alternative to Crystal reports. Apparently I didn't think I would need it, cause I usually save posts with information I am likely to forget.(So Yeah, I do save a lot of posts) Well now Crystal is being touted here as a possible solution for a new client's reporting requirements. We have been unable to convince Oracle Reports to perform in the way we would like, so we need an alternative. The good thing is that the new client is a large one, so my company will actually be able to invest in a nicer product.

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: smcclure_at_usscript.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Author: Farnsworth, Dave
  INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 14:48:37 CDT