RE: Free buffer requested

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 07:48:34 -0800

Ramon

        Thanks for the clarification. When you say that performance should be better according to the computer configuration, are you looking at the maximum throughput specification for the disk/disk controller? I continually have this argument with the hardware people. My statistics show that the system is disk bound, and they say that I am way below the rated maximum specs. I reply that the maximum rated throughput only applies to a bulk process like a file copy and for a normal OLTP database, disk latency and disk buffer are more important. I don't know if that is your issue, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com